From Wikipedia:
" The Fundamento de Esperanto ("Foundation of Esperanto") is a book by L. L. Zamenhof, published in the spring of 1905. On August 9, 1905 it was made the official source for the language by the fourth article of the Declaration of Boulogne at the first World Congress of Esperanto in Boulogne-sur-Mer, France:
'The only basis of the Esperanto language binding on all Esperantists, which no one has the right to change, is the little work Foundation of Esperanto. If anyone deviates from the rules and models given in the said work, he can never justify himself with the words "thus desires or advises the author of Esperanto". Each Esperantist has the right to express any idea, which cannot be conveniently expressed by the material found in the Foundation of Esperanto, in such a manner as he finds most correct, as is done in every other language. However, for the unity of the language for all Esperantists it is recommended to imitate as much as possible the style that is found in the works of the creator of Esperanto, who has worked the most for and in Esperanto and knows best its spirit.'"
You know, I've never actually read the Fundamento. I should. It might improve my Esperanto.
Also, I reached level 7 on DuoLingo Spanish today, and I'm on a ten day streak!
Link:
http://www.akademio-de-esperanto.org/fundamento/gramatiko.html
No comments:
Post a Comment